August 29, 2008

Oh, I forgot to mention: Morrissey on KCRW today! In fact he comes on in about an hour. You better listen in (live!) at the KCRW website. If you're in the L.A area, it's 89.9FM. It's my favorite radio station. When I first heard it I wondered where it had been all my life.

Hey Nelson: Morrissey sucks! Well your bike sucks! I don't care. I like him and The Smiths. But back to KCRW, they have great music shows. They're usually in 3 hour blocks. Different shows have different music. It's all NPR (National Public Radio) for most of the day though. Music at night and in the morning. This guy Nic Harcourt, the DJ on right now, his show is killer.


You better go to their website now. Morrissey's comes on in an hour. And hey, it's ok. You can still be a Biker Bro and not listen to Steppenwolf and Stevie Ray Vaughan. I forgot my giant turkey leg and biker bandana at home.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garth T on KCRW is the man. Plays lots of Fela and lots of other good stuff you ain't gonna hear on the radio anywhere else...

Nelson said...

I sometimes plan my Saturday nights around Garth Trinidad's shows.

cantstayjose said...

nelson you are gay just like him

Anonymous said...

Straight talk there Nelson-I dig your style.
Living in Chicago + working in clubs back in those days the DJs would spin Smiths,
EB + Rakim along w/ Nitzer Ebb, Joy Division, Ministry, BDP, Kool Mo Dee or Cure all in the same set.
The shuffle is the only way to rock an iPod-

Nelson said...

jahluv: again, Garth is an amazing DJ. Great ear for all things rhythmic or otherwise.

Steve: Thanks!

jose: that's a bold thing to say to someone who's re-building your rear brake caliper.

Nelson said...

Oh and also thanks for KCRW for checking out Church Of Choppers! Had no clue we had people from there lurking at our second rate motorcycle dump here!

cantstayjose said...

sorry nelson i am a closet morrissey listener. only cuz im mexican

Nelson said...

Ha! I knew it. Muy romántico! Your caliper will work like magic now.

Anonymous said...

Morrissey rules!!!