March 7, 2010

Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n Waffles

Yes, I would consider this place somewhere you have to eat at when visiting Long Beach. Whether it's your first visit (or every visit), you need to eat at Roscoe's. Snoop Dog, Deebo from Friday, you name it. Everyone in the area eats here. They all just want some god damn fried chicken and the sides ain't bad either.
Our waiter saw my camera and actually insisted he take our photo. Rille of Sinners Sweden was in town, so was our good friend Yorgen. Oh, rare photo of yours truly in there too.
The Hater loves Roscoe's and most people do. But he loves this place so much, he orders a whole chicken PLUS sides. Why? Because he can. I shit you not.
I got one of the combos I've had before. Breast, candied yams, greens and cornbread... that's it? Come on now! I had a thigh coming too, courtesy of our waiter who hooked it up.
Rille went for a Chicken Omelet. He ended up having a piece of chicken on the side too. Those Swedes drank beer like water, any time of the day. Not because they were on vacation - just because they can!
CantStayJose had a waffle plus three wings. Good choice as well. Think he ordered another piece too.
American beer is like water! I think that's what Yorgen said. Fuck, probably so. I don't know, cause I don't drink it. He went deep, too. Yorgen had half a chicken plus waffles.
Dave had a waffle and a breast. When Dave comes to Roscoe's he always gets a waffle and a breast. Did ever I mention that every time he comes here, he gets a waffle and a breast?
Mark had a waffle, breast and a biscuit. I never had the biscuit. I need the biscuit!
Then silence across the table. No more horsing around - must... eat! I can't believe I got up and took this photo.
And this is what happens to the whole chicken that The Hater had. Pile of bones.
Hollywood, Pasadena, Los Angeles or Long Beach, don't miss out on Roscoe's.

5 comments:

CHVRCH said...

I love Roscoe's!

Jahluv said...

How long before "The Itis" kicked in?

Love Roscoe's - Red beans and rice with cornbread, a thigh, and a side of collards. That's the 'ish right there...

Anonymous said...

I would be 300lbs if I lived close to that invention

lovestory said...

Roscoes rules

Mochi said...

I do not forget time when I went to there with you ,Sasha and Dave , Hiromi and Yuta for the first time. A good memory.Thank you.