June 25, 2010

Being a dork

My throttle is absolutely pinned in 6th gear...3pm. 
 
Des Moines Art Center....Nobody there...Rock star parking.
I cant tell you how many times I almost moved to a big city, NYC, LA, Amsterdam, Seattle...Something always stopped me...Maybe it was my friends, the bars, or the stagnation breeds addiction thing.

I took today off work and family to do the things one needs to do. Once again I realized why I love it here. Running the fuck out of my XR around town with little to no traffic rules!

  I checked out the Danny Lyon photos at the DSM Art Center. 
The sign said no photos.
With in 4 feet of the 90 year old security officer, I pulled out my camera, turned it on and took aim.
Click. Review. and he says nothing...
Bought the book, and out in fifteen minutes.

Im out and about for the day and night...Ill take photos along the way.
Chow time!

3 comments:

Noot said...

You like Friday nights best !
So do I - It's "Party in the Park" tonight.

howard kelly said...

Did you try that her thing with your pics yet?
Howard
Thinkmotorcycles.blogspot.com

Stone said...

Rollin' in So-Cal is fun, for sure. And I could probably make a lot more money doin' what I do in a city like that. But every time I get back to Utah I remember why I've avoided big cities, too...
No helmet laws.
Wide open highways.
Canyons with nobody in 'em.
Being able to bury a needle in the middle of the day...
Small cities kick ass.

Danny Lyon crushes.