July 23, 2010

Holy fucking shit its hot!

"Funny you should make a post about working in the heat last night... My old man and I were working at his place on my Panhead, doing some bench racing and general bullshitting.  The coolest spot was outside where there was a breeze from the west.  There are no windows or doors to the west though, so we were both killing Busch Lights to work up a piss to go stand outside for a few minutes where your shirt might dry out a little.  This all went down in Eldridge, Ia.  I am not sure how hot it gets when two rats are fucking in a wool sock, but I would consider it comparable."
  Luke in Iowa

"Hey, Jeff, 116 in the shade here in Vegas easily 125+ in my garage."
  Mike in Vegas
"Mosquitos so bad they make you contemplate 
suicide.90 degrees, 90% humidity, 106 heat index. 
Put the t bars I built on my fxr, fresh from the 
powder coat shop."
 John in Houston

"Jeff it was hot here in GA. as well.  a little 
over a 100 at 8 p.m. We were sweating like a 
whore in Church.'
Seth in Atlanta
 "Man the hot garage.....
I am just unpacking in this little hole, in Philly, after coming from a two-car garage in the Bay area.
Damned hot, 'cause it was whatever degrees last night and humid.
No air and no chance of some sorta cross ventilation.
The beer was warm before I set it down...hot."
  Scott in Philadelphia

"Till 2am…I fucking hate it when the concrete sweats. My shop used to be a chicken coupe…so you can imagine how well that shit smells."
 Jeremy in Iowa

  "Pic of my filthy, dimly lit, poorly ventilated shop. 94*, 72% humidity, 101* "Real Feel"  =  Insta-Sweat"
  Aaron in Texas

  Hi-Speed in St Louis



  "Had to do some brake work last night. Hot as a 
Haitian Hashbar. •94 felt like •127...Kill Devil 
Hills, NC..."
Twisty Mc Fisty in North Carolina


"was in my garage last night working on my '77 flh and honda rc51,
was 102 at 6pm, wish i had ac."
 Phil Blush


 "Fuck yeah it was hot. I live about 20 miles NE 
of Fort Wayne, IN. I was outside working in the 
garage yesterday and the heat index outside was 
103. My garage had to be hotter than that, the 
fucking thing is 80 years old and is big enough 
for a model t or some shit. I'm ready for fall. 
Maybe I should go to the lake today..."
 Dane in Indiana 
 
 
 "I was cutting out fender struts from a 3/16" 
plate of steel with a whizzer wheel all the 
time waiting for a 30 gallon compressor to build 
up pressure so I could start again."
 David in Baltimore

  
"I don’t know what the temperature was in there, but all this week, 
the minute I walked into my garage, I broke into a sweat.  The fan 
helps a little.  It’s supposed to be 98 tomorrow.  See ya." 
Robert in Pennsylvania



"Not sure of the exact temp but it was around 95 on the temp gauge one time I looked.
 Hot enuf to wish we had someting to put the water witch on and somewhere to run it."    Doc Watson in Omaha



2 comments:

Cornell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
spuddley said...

With the chill factor it was 107 degrees here on Friday, 110 on Saturday (7.24). Outside, in the shade in eastern Missouri. We got a short (30 miles) ride in starting at 6 AM, then i took the Sporty out for another 35 miles or so at about noon. By then, it was hotter than a June bride in a feather bed.