March 7, 2011

Hairy Marys

House, L7, Monster Magnet, Magnolias, Jeff, Raging Slab, Swinging Teens...I'm not sure about the second photo...I have most of these shows video taped. I need to dig that shit out.

We were back in this warehouse district where nobody went. (condos and hipsters now)
I remember working the door one night when a cop drove up.
He rolled his window down and asked what was in the building.
I replied that it was a bar and Unsane were playing.
He laughed and said he worked the area for years and had no idea we were there.

7 comments:

zach said...

in cedar falls ia for the next few days, anybody know of some cool shops or bars...company rental car so i cant get down to des moines

cult said...

2nd photo form the top.. DRI?
its their logo on the drum kit.

CHVRCH said...

Yep, didnt catch that....Fucking DRI.
That was a snowstorm night. Monday evening and over a foot of snow. I remember nobody showed, and I didnt have enough money to pay them. It was like 1300 bucks or something. They were being complete dicks because I was a couple of hundred short....They were pushing me around, and trying to steal sound equipment....I cant believe I posted a photo of them on here...I was so fucking bummed/pissed...I vowed to quit booking bands after this happened...That didnt happen.

Inflaymes said...

I have some awesome photos I took of Monster Magnet/Paw/Raging slab show, as I did photos for Moribund - a music fanzine back then.

75ironhead said...

jeff thatnks for sharing that =, thats awesome, fucking asshats.

J-Rod said...

What a badass history.

Boonie said...

Jeff-

Let me know if when you'd like me to get ahold of Jack Dekker...He's the guy that has the photo albums from the original Marys...I'd be happy to bring him down one night...