April 1, 2011

GETTING HIGH WATCHING THE TUBE





Above, photographs of a few FUCT designs from early- mid 90's - We drew everything by hand, deck graphics were drawn to size (see photos) No computers back then. (We received a cease and desist from Marvel for the Ghost Rider deck.)
The young Ace illustration is executed with gouche on illustration board. The Mickey Mouse ears in blood was pro skater, Eric Koston's first pro graphic when he was on Natas's 101. We used to stay up late, get high and illustrate this shit in my loft. Grass roots. Still are today.

*The photos are from Japan's SLIDER Magazine.

7 comments:

Brad @ FTWCO said...

that's a juicy post! thanks Eric

CHVRCH said...

Holy shit that's so fucking neat your sharing that. Thanks!
FUCT!

LL said...

anyone ever do a print of Ace? I loved it when I was younger and now I want it on the wall to look at every day.

tom said...

so rad!

Omer said...

I used to have that Ace t-shirt! Wore it on Halloween one year with Ace make-up. Man, I wish I still had that shirt now.

Jay Cruz said...

Great post man, I love seeing your stuff from back in the day. I'd like to see that Ace piece up close. I can't believe you could paint that well with gouche at such a young age. I tried painting with that shit in school and it was hard as hell! I think I need to give it another go.

ERIK said...

Thank you so much! Jay,took a polaroid of myself, xeroxed it- adhered on top of board and painted on top of it. Cheating i guess..haha.