November 29, 2011






Hey man,
I've followed your blog for awhile now and we actually met quite a few years back at a swap meet at the fairgrounds in Des Moines. Anyways, I'm getting out of the Air Force and transferring to the Des Moines Air National Guard and decided I was going to ride one of my bikes from Tucson to my dad's place in Griswold, IA. I told one of my oldest friends about the plan and he wanted in on the ride so he flew in and rode my Dyna with me. We planned our 1700 mile route, checked the weather, and took off. We were going across NM, TX, OK, into AR to ride pig trail road (hwy 23) and up through MO and into IA. The weather showed no rain and most of that area was in a drought so we packed very little in rain gear. Our first day was great but the next three were in rain and contained a number of mechanical issues with my chopper. We were able to work through all of our issues and endure the rain and make it to Griswold. The trip was pretty miserable at the time but we knew it was definitely memorable and we had some great times and partied our asses off. I attached a few pics of the trip. Later, Brad H.

1 comment:

Longrider said...

G'day Brad H. been in that storm a few too many times this year myself. Last trip, traveling 110kph down the freeway, hit a river flowing across the road, lost traction for about 150-200 meters and somehow manage to keep her upright while fish tailing down the road. LOL, you got to love it though and you'll always remember it.