March 19, 2009

NFK 2 of 5


Bird:
Why are you guys all selling your Harleys?

 
Yan:
Actually, we are NOT biker type of guys. We love motorcycles. Not only Harleys.
We all met together because we were riding Harleys though. I can appreciate that.
Riding a Harley has something extra… like…power. I made many friends riding my Harley.
But I also like sportbikes too. And old air-cooled Kawasaki’s. And oil-cooled Gixxers.
I finally realized that I wanted my Harley to become like a 4-cylinder motorcycle.
So I decided to get Jap bike.
I have three kids so I cannot waste money on Harleys any more. Compared to Harleys, the Jap bikes are much, much cheaper to maintain here.


Bird:  
I hear that man.
So maybe some of the readers have heard about the Coreride. What is the Coreride?

 Yan:
That was a monthly ride we had run together.
Full throttle highway blasts from Yokohama to Tokyo.
It was like a cannon ball run.
Guys were putting new parts on, boring out their cylinders, putting high performance cylinder heads, running higher cams, getting new paint jobs, all for this cannon ball style run.
It was usually 10 to 15 guys came and rode together.
Occasionally 30 and sometimes as many as 60 guys at once.
People came from all over. From Nagoya, from Kobe, from Nigata, from everywhere.
2004 was the peak. 4 guys crashed, and after that the run was never like it used to be.
There is a big bridge across Yokohama to Tokyo called "Bay Bridge",
one guy tried to pass another guy before the bridge, and his handle bar hit the other guys handle bar. The guy that got hit was riding a Buell, and he fell off.
And another guy riding an Evo-Dyna ran over him. The Buell guy broke both wrists.
and another guy crashed into the Evo-Dyna with his Sportster.
Also the fucking police started chasing us every time we run, but we never stopped.
But now Coreride is gone. bye bye.
We stopped riding on the highways, now we run just in the city streets.


Bird:
That reminds me of something I have wondered about for quite a while now:
Does the NFK have a lot of trouble with the police? Or are the cops pretty relaxed in Japan?

 Yan:
The last few Corerides, the police realized that we run on the high way at super high speeds.
They were waiting for us. We recognized there was a police car in front of us. But we never stop.
I passed Police car over 120mph, then they start chasing me.
They didn't chase us from behind; they came right up beside of me. side-by-side chasing, man!

 
Bird:
Ha, ha... wicked man!
Is there a leader of the NFK?

 
Yan:
No leader. No prospect. We are just friends.


Bird:
Are most of the NFK members living in Tokyo?

 
Yan:
Well, you are an NFK member living there in Nebraska, Knucklehead Steve is living in NY, and Shadows Oliv lives in France,
I’m here in Tokyo, Joytoy and Disk both live near my house and there are a few others…
But yeah, I would say that NFK is mostly based in Tokyo

No comments: