May 29, 2008

WTF?

I gave my dad his bike last weekend, up in San Luis Obispo. He rode it around and I noticed there was a shit load of oil coming out of the primary (the later 650 cases breathe into the primary). I looked in the oil tank and realize the bike was wet sumping.
So I pull the drain plug and strain the oil back into the tank, hoping I could get the ball bearing in the oil pump to re-seat itself. We get 90% of the oil back into the tank and my friend, Tom, says "what the fuck is that"?!

I giant blob of hair, twigs & what not had come out with the oil! All I can figure is the guy I bought the bottom end from (who shall go nameless) let it sit on the shelf for sometime and some small woodland creature made a home in it! Silly me didn't even check for a rodent condo before I put the barrel and pistons on it. (No the rock wasn't in there too!)

No comments: