July 18, 2008

Forgot I took this photo. A few months ago, CantStayJose and I went over to visit Smokey and drop some shit off for his knuck project. Smokey's on Broadway in Long Beach, CA and is the king of all things V-Twin, specializing in vintage, including classic Indians.



Smokey takes customers in by reference only, "no assholes!" I consider him one the best in Southern CA, if not THE best. He's even had antique motorcycle clubs sending him prototype Indian motors to rebuild. I've been lucky enough to have lessons on Linkert M74B rebuilds and knuckle top-end lessons from Smokey. He sure made my life easier.




Those rods in the photo were... I don't remember. I been listening to Bob Marley too much. I think they were made out of kryptonite or adamantium or something and had its own gravitational pull.

No comments: