January 11, 2009

Coke Syrup

What do you do in Des Moines on a snowy night? Go the the 'Battle at the Barn' Coke syrup racing.


The races were in the building to the right, Veterens Memorial Auditorium.


I saw Rush's 2112, Ozzy and the bat, AC/DC, old Van Halen, etc here..It use to be general admission and one could smoke anything anywhere..The 80's were fun.


This is my friend Matt Burtons bike.


Yamaha TT500


Kids and racing...I counted 3 fights, hundreds of wrecks, and killer racing...My two were in tow the whole night...They loved it!...Race gas is good for the soul.


This way...Thats Rich Kings son's bike.


Bad ass!


I love the big races, Moto GP, Supercross, Mile, NHRA, fuck, its all great, but I love the local events the best. Great racing with beer and friends mixing it up on and off the track...It snowed 6" that night, but the 'Barn Races' kept us warm..

4 comments:

Cornell said...

Nice! Motorcycle and quad ice racing at the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena the 16th and 17th. Already have my tickets.

mike said...

It was KILLER!!
The best part was when they broke up a fight and 4 guys had to carry one of the guys off the track.The other guy stomps off the track and kicks a cone.
Shortly after the announcer said thats why they call it the battle barn!
Hope they make it a regular event again.

Anonymous said...

Nice photos Jeff!
Joe Dirt

akvamme said...

i've got to find some of that action up in minneapolis. that looks like fun