I tend to look at FXR's as a fun utility vehicle. Whether I'm living in Hawaii or the Orange County/Los Angeles area, parts to keep these bikes running has been fairly easy to come by. Make that 10fold if you happen to work in the motorcycle industry... and know where to look.
FXRP's have even more of that whole utilitarian deal to it because they were used for heavy work as cop bikes. And I always find it interesting, all the little extras and differences this model has... Certified Police speedometer for example.
The siren switch is off the hook. I'm not even one of those crazy "I'm a cop stalker I always wished I grew up to be a cop but I never did" type of guys. Fuck, that switch is neat and the large horn button at the bottom is even crazier.
Oh, the hardbags with the guard/mounting rails around them are off the fucking hook too. Enough of what I think though. I ran into Davey and his FXRP at the Hippy Killer Hoedown a few weeks ago. Here's what Davey had to say:It's a 1992 FXRP. 96" S&S with RevTech heads. 3" open belt drive, Delkron trans case. I got it from Kutty a few months back; it was black with purple ghost flames.
I painted it white as a joke but I kinda like it now.
The ride down there was the first real ride on it and it went good. Just a blown out fork seal, all in all it was a fun little 850 mile shake down run.
2 comments:
I need a set of those bags... quick.
Enjoyed this piece. Bought an '85 KZ 1000 P4 from the local Harley Dealer a few years back when they traded in the ricer for some pork... The dealer didn't know what to do with it and stuck it in the basement until I bought it for grins 'n giggles. Like the writer, I found the cop shit was neat to play with. Lotsa' buttons 'n switches 'n shit to keep my ADD happy. =). The Kawi had the same side opening bags as the fxrp. I practically gave that bike away once the fun buttons 'n shit wore off, but it was a fun ride. =)
Post a Comment