Frank Frazetta, an illustrator whose vivid colors and striking
brushstrokes conjured up fantastic worlds of musclebound heroes fighting
with broad swords and battle axes to defend helpless women from
horrible beasts, died on Monday in Fort Myers, Fla. He was 82.
Via the New York Times Blog

16 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I would just stare at his stuff for HOURS when I was a kid. That really sucks.
I have that painting - "Kane On The Golden Sea" hanging in my room at the shop. Along with it are 5 other paintings (just framed posters). He will always be my favorite artist of all time. Thanks for posting this.
Frazetta was cool as fuck...in like 5th grade. Having his shit on your wall as an adult? That's kinda gay. Might as well read bodybuilding magazines too.
You know what I think is gay? Someone suggesting that one should stop thinking Frazetta's work is cool because they've reached the 6th grade. That's not only gay, that's flat out stupid.
RIP to one of the greatest fantasy artists ever. His art influenced so many other artists over the years and his paintings that adorned novels and album covers (Molly Hatchet's Flirtin' With Disaster for one) had a huge impact on their sales. I can't count how many times I've heard people say, "the whole reason I started reading as a kid was because of Frazetta's covers for the Conan novels catching my eye."
There'll never be another like him.
I subscribed to Heavy Metal back in the late seventies . . . he had several pieces in there (still have the mags). Got a picture disc of that one that ended up on the M.H. cover. I really liked his work.
RIP Mr. Frazetta
Looking at his work from today's perspective can be a very different thing than from the perspective of being a teenager in the seventies.
In the late 60's/early 70's I can't remember how many chops had his art on the tops of their tanks. Good stuff Maynard.
Fantastic artist, wonderful imagination, and from what I remember a pretty fair baseball player. RIP Frank we will miss you in this life.
Well,then there's only one way to settle this dispute - Dungeons and Dragons death match!!!
You know what's definitely not gay though? Some middle aged fat bald fuck who rides a cb150 and lives in his mom's basement drawing pictures of trolls.
LOL@Davecat...what's the matter, man...you got so flustered, you had to post back to back lame comebacks? Don't get mad at me just because your initial post about Frazetta was ignorant as fuck.
And learn your facts before you try to get all e-tough, Davepussy. That blog site you got the info from for your witty comebacks is one I share with two other artists, (ATOM the guy with the cb250, not a cb150 like you stated and Jaybird, the "fat, bald fuck," are not me.) Check out the posts names on the blog next time, Einstein.
Now its getting interesting. Fat fucks, CBs, pussys, trolls, art, and blogs.....
Here's a dollar. Ask your mom if you can run down to the store for some new crayons. Then I'll give you another dollar if draw me a pretty little gnome.
Don't make me pull out the 32 sided dice on you.
"Then I'll give you another dollar if draw me a pretty little gnome."
(I'm pretty sure there's a "you" that's supposed to be in there somewhere, Davepussy.)
Here, let me type in Neanderthal for you so you can hopefully understand...
I tell what....I give dollar back, if STFU.
*Who says art doesn't provoke stimulating conversation?
Mommmmmmmmm!!!!!!
Fuck! Nostalgically speaking of course.
Post a Comment